Friday, February 02, 2007

All About the Timing

The past 24 hours has just not worked out for me. Time was my enemy. It went against everything I was trying to do. First I woke up on 02/01/07, 5 AMish to realize that "Sh*t!!! I did not get to place my Amazon Wishlist gift certificate order cuz I fell asleep 30 minutes before the deadline." Contributing factors to the waste of a good 25% off were:
1 - sleep deprivation
2 - coma induced by gorging food at 9:30 PM
3 - the unbreakable habit of procrastination until very last minute

You snooze you loose. Prime example right here. Literally.

So the morning did not start off so well. Got to work, work work work, then found out that we really didn't have to be there on Friday so it was a mad rush during lunch hours to go back and checkout of the hotel.

Finished with the workshops and meeting around 7ish PM and started the mad rush to go catch the 9 PM Amtrak at BWI.

Yah, that did not work out too well.

Contributing factors to missing the 9 PM train:
0 - left at a time that didn't leave much flex room
1 - the 1 hour drive from work to Car Rental place
2 - process to wait for return of car, to shuttle to airport, to shuttle from airport to Amtrak
3 - got on the wrong bus (The bus driver gave me a short lecture on why did I get on the bus to the long term parking lot when it states on the bus that's where it's going. To my defense, I really did not look.)

So the next train was at 10:30 PM but then got delayed to 11PM.

All in all, I got back after getting a ride at around 2 AM on 02/02/07. Travel to come back took over 7 F*king hours.

Not a happy camper here.

But valuable lesson learned once more:
1 - poor time management leads to dire consequences - more time wasted
2 - waste of opportunities
3 - Avoid taking a late Amtrak train


Time for shuteye.

No comments: