Thursday, February 15, 2007

Most Memorable V Day

I got no love.
I got no food.
I got no car.....

Sounds like a beginning of a best woeful hit of 2007.

Well I have to say, this particular Valentines day takes the cake and ate it too. Morning started out with me on top of my blanket and covers on my king size Hilton bed. Alone. That was not a surprise since I did after all went to bed alone. If I didn't wake up alone, that would've been a bit weird and scary.

The world froze overnight. Hilton did a crappy job of plowing and the lot still looked treacherous. Then the boss called to say the roads are horrible. But thankfully I wasn't on the road yet. So I worked from the hotel until my stomach called for food. I donned my winter gear and headed out to the parking lot to clean off the Element.

That's when the day started to go downhill. I must have left my windshield wipers on last night and while I was scraping off the ice, I didn't realize that the wipers were trying to wipe until it was too late. By the time I turned the wipers off, the motor driving it seems to be fried. :( Not a good day. So rest of the afternoon was spent partially working but mostly looking for a dealership around here and worrying how I'll be able to get there tomorrow.

I guess it's better than not remember a Valentines day. I can tell who ever cares to ask that around midnight, I hiked to the local CVS to get myself some grub. A box of Honey Bunches of Oats, 140z of whole milk, Veryfine Apple juice and a bottle of V8.

In the cereal goes into a glass cup, pour in the milk, and with my own metal spoon, I scooped up that delicious mixture into my awaiting mouth. Hmmmmmmm...... fooood...

Happy Valentines Day.

No comments: