Sunday, March 16, 2008

我被兩位才子吸引住了

Most of the Chinese pop music are rather boring for me. It's mostly about puppy love and somehow perhaps with the aging process I grew out of that phase in search for something else. Something more meaningful, deeper, and timeless. Don't get me wrong, I am still a big fan of pop music, but I want to listen to songs that will distract me from typing or browsing; songs that don't become background music. 方文山 and 周杰倫 are two of the talents hot on the scene right now. I love some of their collaborations. The end product of the lyrics and the composition creates an all day YouTube replay of songs such as:

青花瓷 - current favorite right now - not the video, just the song
千里之外
菊花台

Poetry comes in many forms and these two modern day poets/songwriters have introduced millions to the beauty of words.

No comments: