Thursday, March 27, 2008

Proportions and All That Hair

"Well, don't you just look like one of those Asian boys with the big hair and little body", was my initial reaction when I saw myself in the mirror first thing in the morning. Time for a haircut, indeed. Lucky for me, my genes probably will ensure that I have a full head of hair even when I age to my 80s. The hair on my head grows at a steady pace. Hmmm, if I were to wager, I would say about an inch a month of hair sprouts out of my head. Other places of my body, hair grows a bit slower. I wonder why that is? Take for example, since it's the winter, well fine, it has been winter for the last several of months, I've forgo the weekly shaving ritual to give myself more insulation against the cold, cold weather we have up here in the North. First the leg hair grew fast, but then it just stopped. Did my body somehow told the skin on the leg to stop growing hair where it's not really needed? I mean how does the body determine where and how fast to grow the hair?

But summer will be approaching soon, that's when I'll need to bring out the little scissors to give myself a trim before picking up the razor and shave. I've always wanted to do some sort of artistic trimming of the hair, say create interesting patterns with the hair. Maybe this time I'll finally have enough material to work with.

No comments: