Saturday, November 05, 2005

You Are What You Eat

Wonder who said that line first? "You are what you eat." Did it evolve from mothers who used scare tactics on their children? Or something else?

Wonder if I can Google it? Good grief I am so bloated. Which brings me back to my point.. so I had a craving for red bean soup.. hmm hmm hmm.. last night I made half a pot of red bean soup and pretty much took the entire day today for me to finish it. It was breakfast, brunch, lunch, snack and dessert before dinner. Then for dinner went out to have Indian and stuffed myself.

Gluttony, Oh woe me, I have committed one of the 7 deadly sins and as punishment, gas form of my dinner and the digested beans are making their way out.. from the top. I guess that's better than farting for others at least. I mean come on, what's the difference between burping and farting?

So here I am 4 hours after dinner and still bloated. I gotta get me some of those anti gas stuff.. or prehaps set 2 bowls of red beans at max for a day.

Bless the internet! From The Phrase Finder :

Origin
Originated in the hippy era in the USA. The food of choice of the champions of this notion was macrobiotic wholefood.

There you go.. who knew.. hippies..

No comments: