Saturday, November 11, 2006

A Good Day

What a gift! Today was the most perfect November day ever! Well at least the most perfect for me when I do venture outside.

Ahh.. that breeze .... you know the day's gotta be great when you walk out and immediate enveloped by this most warm feeling... kinda like the powers telling you "Hey there! Go have fun now. It's a good day."

A beeeeauutiful day. This is the kind of day where every creature comes out of hiding... the 4 legged critters, the 2 legged ones, the old, the young, even the ones that can't even walk yet. After some box moving, it was time for a short hike!

My hiking buddy found a little park that was in between our locations - Lord Stirling Park. The description on the site mentioned some swamp land and level trails. Since we had limited daylight now that sun sets quite early, a short hike for today is perfect.

We got to the park at 2:40pm and got out of the park by 5:15pm.

During those brief 2 hours, plenty of pit stops were made to allow for proper picture taking time. We traveled across swamp patches on boardwalks and by the end of the day it was more like trudging through mud patches. Squish.. Squish.. the sound my sneakers made as I attempted to walking through another wet muddy section of the trail. By the end of our 3.5 mile leisure hike, I satisfied my outdoor exposure for the day and was happy with some of the shots that I took. A digi SLR and a tripod would've made me a lot happier but hey it's all good.

Thanks to the Garmin, we found a place to feed our tummies - Thai Thai. Aptly named, the Thai restaurant was surprising good and very busy.

I hiked.
I took.
I ate.

A very good day indeed.

No comments: