Wednesday, November 01, 2006

What Did I Miss

I am an emotional mess.

Just finished watching Click and blew my nose 3 times already. If I wore make-up, I would be streaking like those 80s rockers. This, was a total surprise of a tear jerker. Adam Sandler's recent movies do do justice to the word "dramadey".

Armed with a brilliant script, Adam Sandler leads us through a refreshing premise to reiterate the important things in life....

- family comes first
- live and engage each moment

I identify with Michael Newman - the main character of the movie 100%. Well not so much the part where he has a gorgeous wife, 2 cute kids, and a humping dog, but with the work part. Where work monopolized all his time and focus. To get work done everything else takes the back burner; let it be personal projects, family, friends, ... life. Years later, like Michael, I am asking myself what did I miss and how can I miss all that. Everyone got older, including myself, the little ones grew up and the old... passed on.

Not to reveal too much of the movie, we often don't appreciate the things we've got until they are gone.

I shook my head at a lot of the scenes in the movie. Why? Because I see myself doing the exact same thing everyday. What a schmuck.

Great movie. Shame on me.

No comments: