Thursday, January 11, 2007

Rejected!

I wasn't expecting it.

The call that is. I just got out of the bathroom, going for a pear in the fridge when I was notified that a call from the consulting firm is ringing on the phone.

Dropping the pear on the counter, I rushed up to get the phone just in time to hear the "Booong Boong Boong" on the line. Darn! Missed it!

Not to worry. Thanks to wonders of technology and voicemail, the recruiter regretfully informed me through the message that "they will be pursuing other candidates at this time"... aka .. "Nahh, we don't want you!"

So .. there it was, the first rejection after 7 years.

I wouldn't be honest if I didn't say I was at the least slightly disappointed. Don't get me wrong I am not going to cry me a river for not getting this job, it was mostly that my little ego was slightly bruised. Natural to feel that way right? "Why didn't they want me? Whyy whyyyy whyyy??"

Truth to be told, if I was sitting on the other side of the table, I would not hire me either. Why? Lack of enthusiasm.

I guess I am not that great of a liar nor pretender. Never was one to put on a face for too long. I even heard it in my tone while I was interviewing. If I sounded alive, maybe they would've invited me for the 3rd round.

Oh well. I got over it in 5 minutes.

Their loss! But still, would like to hear what was it that made them look the other way.

No comments: