Monday, November 12, 2007

Stress

Stress can come in many forms and fashions. Devious little things.

Recent family drama upped my blood pressure a bit. The mantra "breathe, just breathe, calm down...think of happy things..." is repeated over and over, that and flashes of Xena videos pops into mind, noticeably distracting me.

I never got how people can relieve stress by shopping or eating, but I think I do now. It's a way of release some pent up energy. All that explosive feelings gotta go somewhere! I didn't binge eat, but I did decide to treat myself and make the most expensive purchase I've made so far .. I stress so far.. this year .... *drum rolls*.... one Fujitsu ScanSnap S510 coming right up!

Pretty pissed I'd say when I found out the Amex MyWishList is not offering Amazon coupons cuz I passed up the Newegg.com deal couple weeks ago when they had the ScanSnap with $50 rebate. But, I guess the S510 model is going to be replaced soon because the $50 dollar rebate is back again! So after much deliberation and rational justification to myself about how it'll save me so much time when I can scan over 15 ppm vs 1 with my current 6 years old flatbed, get rid of most of the paper and the stacks of magazines sitting there collecting dust, the credit card whipped out and the Finish button was pressed to send my beloved Fujitsu into my open waiting arms. The purchase for my latest office gear was made at 1 am this morning. I wonder how fast my lovely will get to me..

It's amazing to find kindred spirits through the blogs. There are many of us out there that feel the need to scan and keep keep documents/articles/magazines... and the best part is that I'll be able to search through them once they are OCRed!!! Now that's cool. I can't wait to see how well the OCR will pick up the scanned magazine pages. I will pace myself and start with 30 pages of scanning a day. That should be around 3 minutes of scanning and then possibly 1 hour of renaming the documents. Ahh.... about 1 thousand pages to get rid of... would take me roughly 35 hours? Not bad at all! Under 2 months I should be able to get rid of 80% of the paper. Sweet!!!!!

I feel better now.

No comments: