Monday, November 19, 2007

We Are In

This morning started at 6:01 am when my alarm sang out from my cellphone. Semi awake, I turned off the alarm and plopped back to the makeshift bed on the floor. 10 minutes later, my dad walks in and informs me it's 6:30 am, which I doubted immediately since I just fell back down into the warm blankets.

Ten more minutes, I snoozed. 20 more minutes later we were on our way to checkin at the hospital on this brisky, cold, Monday morning of November. Philly did not get any snowfall overnight, surprisingly. By 10:30, we were checked into the temporary room for the night. Liquid diet is to be followed for today. Some sort of a laxative was given to my dad to help him clear out the bowel. We have a roommate. An elderly gentlement who has gone through rounds of radiation and chemo and will be moving into a rehibilatory facility to help him regain strength of his muscles.

My brother ordered cable TV for my dad's entertainment. But in reality it's mostly for our entertainment. Much of what's on TV these days have dialogue that's hard for my father to follow. So instead, he gets to listen to Chinese news via the internet. Oh thank goodness for free WIFI at this hospital! Bless them.

Good wishes were expressed throughout the day by phone from family and friends. Most of them said with assuring tone that everything should go smoothly. Were the assurance for them, for me, or for my dad? Probably for all of us. I know things will go ok.

No comments: