Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The Prince of Egypt and I

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd.. it's freaking 3 AM!!

Another day/night lost to work. I skipped gym 5 days in a row now. Can't blame that on work for the first 3 nights. Another night spent with my headphones on listening to the soundtrack The Prince of Egypt. Excellent soundtrack if you like Hans Zimmer or just enjoy great music. This is my all around fav album. It has a wide range of emotions which is great late at night while I hunch over my laptop pounding away and cursing at the slowness of the remote system.

One of my favorite track is hands down The Plagues, especially the chorus sections:

I send a pestilence and plague
Into your house, into your bed
Into your streams, into your streets
Into your drink, into your bread
Upon your cattle, on your sheep
Upon your oxen in your field
Into your dreams, into your sleep
Until you break, until you yield

I send the swarm, I send the horde


I would jump up from my seat whenever this part comes on and wave my arms wildly in the air as I turn blue trying to keep up with the chorus spitting out the curses. Directing them towards whatever ills me at this hour.

More incentive to get that resume ready to look for a new job. Wonder if corporate world is all the same. Grass always look greener on the other side. I know people who have left my company and found happier/more rewarding (either monetary or job satisfaction). I also know those that have left and decided to come back. And then, there are those of us stuck in the neither lands. Oh we stay sandwiched for various reasons: afraid of adapting to new environments, not wanting to give up the cushy salary (this is not one of my factors), too many ties with current job/workplace, or simply not sure what are other options to pursue. Which brings me to my quarter-life crisis -- what am I to do?

No comments: