Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Crap Magnet

You ever notice how when you are down everything and everyone seems to be pushing on your head making you feel lower and lower, crappier and crappier?

Well at least so it seems. Morning was goooooorgeous. Bit chilly than other days, but goooooorgeous... slight breeze, bright blue skies, fluffy clouds. I am sitting outside eating my cereal and reading the new library book that I brought back from my t-shirt clinging, sweat permeated walk last night, when I read this passage:

When you are complaining you become a living, breathing
"crap magnet".


Great. Now I am a crap magnet. Have been for last 3 years. It's true right? When you complain you need someone to affirm your crappiness. You don't need someone there to tell you to shutup and move on. You want to hear others complain about similar situations, to agree with you that everything that's going wrong is because of the situation, not you. Not ever. So I fit the description of a "victim", according to the book Secrets of the Millionaire Mind.

Funny thing was when I came back from the lib, my cousin saw the 2 books I brought back and pointed out, "Hmm... The Universe In A Single Atom by Dali Lama and Secrets of the Millionaire Mind, what are you looking for spiritual freedom or financial freedom?" In response, I said, "I am a very spiritual 21st century person, who wants spiritual freedom and also financial freedom!"

No comments: