Saturday, August 26, 2006

Pennsylvania Dutch Buffet




The planned trip to Shady Maple finally arrived. The time has come for us to step into this building. What is this place? If you can read the writing on the building it says "Shady Maple Banquets". Is it an building for big events? Well sorta. The official claim is that we are about to enter "Lancaster County's LARGEST Smorgasbord".

They weren't kidding. No false advertising there. My friend told me ahead of time it's a big place. This place was humongus! Imagine a Costco's or a BJ's... yep that's how big it was. Shady Maple is a dining place located in East Earl, PA. It serves real PA Dutch foods.. aka.. tastes great but you probably should not eat more than 2 plates type of place.

The restaurant can handle up to 1000 people. Crazy! I have never been to a buffet like this. Lines of food.. and lines of people waiting to devour the lines of food.

The food was good. Hmmm.. briskets.. 2 days later I still feel bloated! I didn't even eat that much!

After the feeding frenzy, we took a walk down to the 20,000 sq ft gift shop right below the restaurant. That's where we spotted the very very scary dolls. I've never liked dolls and this is why I never will.....ewwww.....

No comments: