Monday, September 04, 2006

The Crocodile Hunter Has Fallen

On my drive back from Maryland, I heard on the radio the unbelievable news of Steve Irwin, better known as "The Crocodile Hunter" died from a stingray barb piercing his heart.

What a freak accident. I am genuinely saddened by the news. I liked watching Steve Irwin's show. Althought he can be a bit over the top sometimes, but that's what makes his show different from others and it was educational and entertaining at the same time. I think like many of his fans, we have learned a lot about our fellow creatures through Steve.

He lived his life doing what he loves and probably has no regrets. But to die from a stingray and esp pierced in the heart is a especially rare, freak thing to have happened. My thoughts goes out to his wife and two young kids.

Thank you Steve Irwin for bringing forth the magnificent creatures that live amongst us. You'll be missed.

No comments: