Saturday, October 28, 2006

Fanfiction - Thank You

I've been busy lately. Fine. I've been lazy lately. Well, I shouldn't be so hard on myself, so sue me if I like reading fanfiction over doing work. Doesn't everyone? If not, then please do yourselves a favor, venture out and read some internet fiction. Like published works, there are some mediocre ones, some really bad ones, and then you hit the jackpot with the ones that grab you with the first sentence and keep you awake way past your bedtime.

I hit a jackpot this week. Found another author whose work I enjoyed immensely. I liked her novel so much that I even wrote an e-mail to thank her for sharing the stories. Hmm... she would be the 5th author that I wrote to thank. After reading so many stories, I have to say the yearning to write one myself is strong. To think about writing is one thing, to actually have something to write about is another.

I like to read the authors interviews on how they go about writing their story. A lot of them says the characters come to them. I think that'll be the way for me. I would have to be able to see the characters or the storyline play out in my head first than to conjure up something from thin air. Maybe my dreams can help me out. They are pretty intense most of the time, battle vampires, slaying monsters, chasing evil warlords and rescuing the world. Think I have a hero's complex?

The little scratch pad that I bought while I was in Taiwan holds a lot of my notes. Like a little journal/note book. Everyone should carry a pencil and a notepad around. Especially, for one as forgetful as me. That's the main reason I painstakingly write, scan, and take pictures. For my memory is not to be trusted. I am afraid if I don't do some type of recording, I wouldn't remember what my life was like, what I was like.

Anyways, I digress. To all the fanfiction writers out there, big thanks to you all for creating such lively characters and for taking me on journeys across time and space.

Write on!!

No comments: