Wednesday, October 04, 2006

No Bites

Kinda disappointed that no new employers or headhunters viewed my resume. The count still remains at 3 ladies and gentlemen.

Work was not particular productive today. I started out at 10 am due to sleeping late last night. Then the weather was so nice that I ran around the house opening all the windows to let the cold air out. Yes, let the freezing cold air out of the house in exchange for perhaps the last pleasant warm breeze of the season. Mid afternoon I read about 2 more uber fictions from the top 25 list of the week. Then I really got restless so it was an hour walk with pit stop at the library. Came back did maybe 20 minutes of work and it was time to cook.

Let's just say the best concoction I made tonight was the fruit yogurt smoothie. Loosing my chef's skills there from lack of cooking in the past 4 months.

At 9:30, the brainstorming weekly session kicked off. We came up with some good ideas but to my dismay most of the ones I though of were already implemented. Darn them!!!!!!! Others require substantial time and money, something none of us has right now.. so the search continues.

Sometime between 2 am and 3 am, I heard the song Everything by Lifehouse (heck, look at that, there's a fan site for a song..) playing from my iTunes. Must have been a freebie at some point. Immediately, scenes from Xena played back in my head. "This is a great song for a Xena video!!!", my inner voice glees. So I had to print the lyrics out and listened to it again to jot down notes for my future production of a Xena video. Perhaps I can submit it into the contest and get some recognition.. but that's if I ever get around to making the dam thing.

Afterwards, I listed to more Lifehouse songs and had the urge to play my guitar to the music. I don't know how to pay the guitar, but still, strumming along..

And that's how I end up sleeping at 5ish in the morning.

No comments: